Information for Donors
Housing California is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization: Tax ID #68-0133565.
Contributions to Housing California are tax-deductible as charitable contributions.
The Housing California budget for 2013, is $1,245,056, of which approximately 11 percent goes to administrative overhead.
The vast majority of our budget supports:
- Our work in the state Capitol, where we serve as the voice for Californias who need safe, stable, and affordable places to live.
- Coalition building, necessary to obtain a permanent source of funding for the state Housing Trust Fund.
Annual Conference Income
Housing California's major funding comes from the sponsors of our Annual Conference, which provides Housing California with its largest source of income. Our 2013 Annual Conference Title sponsor is:
Housing California receives generous foundation support for its policy programs (related to homelessness, budget and funding, and land use) from:
- Bank of America Foundation
- Butler Family Fund
- California Community Foundation
- Ford Foundation
- JP Morgan Chase Foundation
- The San Francisco Foundation
- Union Bank Foundation
- U.S. Bancorp
- Wells Fargo Housing Foundation
Membership and Individual Donors
Housing California also solicits donations from individuals through membership and donor drives. View our Members.
For More Information
For more information about Housing California's business practices, check out the Housing California Nonprofit Report on Guidestar.